Kelowna International Airport
In 2013 WASCO, in collaboration with Bouygues Energies and Services Canada, was contracted to provide Facility Management and Technical Services to the Kelowna International Airport under a long-term services contract.
Our front-end services team and supporting technical team work collaboratively with the Kelowna International Airport staff to deliver quality, customer oriented services to the airport and travelling public.
Specific services include:
- Hard Facility Maintenance Services:
- HVAC, M&E, building maintenance, life safety systems, aviation safety systems
- Airfield lighting, baggage handling systems, energy management
- Maintenance of airport systems including FIDS, BIDS & EGIDS
- Soft Facility Maintenance Services:
- Janitorial services
- Groundside snow & ice management
- Environmental management & pest management
- Comprehensive preventative maintenance plan
- Preventative and reactive maintenance for key airport systems including:
- Runway lighting
- Air bridges
- Baggage carousels
- Self Service check-in kiosks
- Help Desk & Energy Management
Additionally, the work program includes technical project management services to the Kelowna International Airport. The size and scope of these vary from supporting the Facility Maintenance services to infrastructure programs.
During the first twelve months of operations, WASCO services were accredited to ISO 9001 for Quality Management and ISO 14001 for Environmental Management, directly contributing to the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) scores and supporting our commitment to quality.